Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Woman in the Word: The Samaritan Woman

The Samaritan Woman in John 4 is a Woman Redeemed by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. She is my favorite because she was an outcast, but God saw fit to meet her right where she was and set her FREE.
She was a strong woman who went through five marriages and was shacking with another man that she was not married to. Because of the circumstances in her life she was shunned by other women and had to gather water alone, later in the day. I know how it feels to be rejected because of others’ perception and lack of effort in getting to know me. I’ve also dealt with relationships that left me feeling empty.
Jesus saw through all of the exterior stuff and addressed it without condemnation. Some of us may not have been married five times but have five different things going on that is not aligned with our purpose in God.
I am about ready to SHOUT because as I type this in Word, I am reminded that the number FIVE also means God’s GRACE, goodness and FAVOR!!!

The Woman at the Well did not allow her five failed marriages to keep her from running back to the townspeople to tell them ALL about the Man who told her all about herself! Jesus Christ!

2 comments: